Tuesday 1 October 2013

GBK Lunch

Dear GBK,

I recently visited your Bristol (Cabot Cirus) branch of GBK with my brother. This meal ideally meant to be the 'nice' and economically viable option for lunch. We had never eaten in a Gourmet Burger King before and was excited to try it. Particularly to see if it really is better than the popular fast food chain 'Burger King'. 

Upon arrival, a sign on the door read 40% student discount with the GBK app. So I downloaded the app, which took a very long time. Meanwhile we chose our meals and then I proceeded to the counter.

I ordered myself the set menu lunch burger, and 'The Don' for my brother, alongside chips and drinks. I showed the counter assistant the code from my app and then she took off the supposed 40%. However this equated to only £1.40 due to not being applicable with our meals. I was outraged, these terms were never advertised, and having known this I would have never paid for the meals. 

I believe this 40% deal to be very misleading, and more information about it should be available to read.

We did enjoy the meal, and the monkey nuts. I was quite suprised the peanuts came in shells, why would you bother putting peanuts in shells for?

Hoping you can rectify the problems I recently had at your store and can improve vastly for next time.

Kindest regards,

George Worton


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi George,

Thank you for your email regarding the student discount and sorry to hear that you feel the terms were miscommunicated to you. The terms for the discount do appear on the app but perhaps it was the language we used that you weren’t aware of. Some of our burgers are classed as Resident Hero burgers and these are excluded from the discount. The Don was a resident hero but our new menu launched last week and is no longer a resident hero.

Our 40% Limited Edition Student discount has now expired but you will have unlocked a 30% student discount (same terms apply) which is valid until August 2014. I would like to offer you a complimentary £10 gift voucher to restore your faith in GBK and you can have The Don on us. Remember to show your customer ID to redeem further offers and discounts.

Please email me with your postal address so that we can post a voucher to you.

With regards to our monkey nuts – peanuts come in these shells…we just don’t often see them like this!

Apologies,

Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment